1. Please inform the receptionist of any insurance changes and present your new medical insurance card upon arrival for your appointment. If there is a PCP named on your medical insurance card, the PCP must be a current Pearl City Medical Associates, Inc. (PCMA) physician. This will ensure proper billing and prevent any uncovered services by your health plan.
2. Please update your name, address and phone number as needed.
3. It is your responsibility to remember your appointment date and time. If you are not sure, please call us. Our scheduling system does issue text message and email reminders, unless you opt out. Additionally, if you use the patient portal, MyChart, you will also receive email reminders. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as soon as possible. This allows us to schedule other patients in need of an appointment.
4. It is important to come to your appointment on time. When a patient is late, this can affect the timeliness that other scheduled patients are seen. If you are more than 20 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment or you may be seen after all other scheduled patients are seen. Although we make every effort to stay on schedule, there are unforeseen instances that prevent us from doing so, such as patients requiring more care than scheduled for or patients experiencing emergencies. If you are unable to wait for your appointment during these times, please let the receptionist know.
5. If you miss an appointment, it may be at the discretion of your primary care physician that your medical care will be discontinued at PCMA.
6. When scheduling an appointment, please be clear on the reason for your appointment. This allows the physician and staff to prepare for your visit.
7. Please notify the receptionist if you are making an appointment for an injury that occurred at work, on any commercial property, or as a result of a car accident (or vehicle related injury).
8. Any form of inappropriate behavior (e.g., vulgar language, verbally and/or physically abusive, threatening and/or deceptive actions) towards any physician, staff member, and/or patient is grounds for dismissal as a patient from PCMA.
9. Please notify us of any other physicians you are currently receiving or have recently received care from. This enables us to better coordinate your health care.
10. Prescription refills require 24 hours notice.